River Partners is celebrating the power of restored rivers and floodplains in creating a thriving future for California’s environment and people. The state’s prosperity has always been tied to the health of our rivers, whose waters grow our food, build our world-class economy, nurture our communities, and sustain a rich array of animals and plants – many found nowhere else on Earth. Follow us on social to find out how we and our dedicated allies are bringing life back to rivers across the state at an unprecedented pace and scale.
This Earth Day, we’re reflecting on our accomplishments and looking toward the future. During our two-decade-plus history, we’ve:
- Put over $100 million in restoration dollars back into the California communities where we work
- Supported the recovery of over 55 imperiled species like the monarch butterfly and the riparian brush rabbit
- Planted over 2.5 million trees that benefit species, California’s climate resilience, water resources, and more
- Captured 1 million tons of carbon each year in riverside forests to grow the state’s climate resilience using nature-based solutions
- Conserved 1.6 billion gallons of freshwater annually for wildlife, farming, and households
- Increased flood safety for California communities
- Built the next generation of conservation leaders through our paid internship program
A thriving future for the Golden State depends on healthy rivers. River Partners continues to revive critical river landscapes throughout the state at a pace and scale that makes California a leader in restoration.