Implementation - 2010
- In anticipation of flooding, the generator and other equipment were moved off-site.
- The primary focus during the growing season was weed control. The site was mowed and sprayed multiple times throughout the year.
- Following a pump failure, the unit was re-wired and restored to working order without missing any irrigation events.
- After consulting with DFG, removed unwanted willows and cottonwood recruits which were colonizing areas designed to provide more open grassland habitat. These trees were only able to establish due to their proximity to irrigation.
- Arundo was re-treated as a small amount of it had begun re-sprouting following the 2008 removal effort.
- Five acres of mugwort and 3,000 grass plugs were planted in the swale on the NE side of Field 2.